Need a book to learn C# in a practicle approach

Hello guys,
Me and good friend of mine decided to learn C# and we both coming from a different programming languages. He's use to play with Java and Python mostly and I usually work with PHP, JS, other web languages and a bit of C++. We both want to learn C# together and it seems hard to find appropriate book that gives not only theoretical knowledge, but exercises where we actually need to do something to insure that we understood the chapter well and can entertain by doing at least something simple related with the section we read.
Since our level of programming is rather different, we wish to start likely the same - from scrach.
We I was looking to C++, one good book to start was "Programming -- Principles and Practice Using C++ (Second Edition)" with a lot of drills, exercises, examples and good theoretical background that helps not to lose yourself on a track.
I know the topic where you put the resources for a programmers and the books that are in the section of C# list is not very promising when we're talking about exercises, so perhaps someone has something to recommend?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nightblade via Audiogames-reflector