Re: Thoughts About Transfering AGNet to Another Web Master

@27, I don't understand what the point is of kindling that fire. Yes, name-calling is impulsive and childish, but saying things like "I don't care if I get a warning for this..." or "you whining kid..." just doesn't seem very productive. Especially when the person who said it admitted to his mistake 3 days ago. What more do you want him to do?

While I'm here, I might as well say my opinions on this situation. I could never host the site, couldn't even begin to know how. So I deeply respect anyone who can, and I respect anyone who has kids, a family, and a good stable life. I also appreciate the work that has gone into hosting this site and making it essentially the biggest resource for discussing and promoting audio games. It was the second site I knew about for audio game-related stuff (the first was l-works).

However I can understand why people are frustrated. This site is free, I'm afraid, is little excuse. Yes, hosting a site costs money, but practically the entire Internet is free so long as you pay your ISP, and many sites have less errors than this one. Even a niche site made and hosted by fans of a particular topic have a Discord server, huge forums and very frequent maintenance. Of course, many more fan-made sites crumble into dust, so the fact that this one hasn't crumbled speaks to the popularity of the site and the dedication everyone here shares to keep it alive.

With that said, there have been many topics in the site and forum feedback room which have had no response from admins. I'm not going to call specific ones out, as some of these issues have been long standing and I don't know if they occur for everyone or just me. But there still seems to be a general consensus that a fair amount of funky stuff is going on and nobody knows why, and we hear little to nothing from the webmasters until someone calls them shmucks out of frustration. Then they essentially call out the person who called them a shmuck and defend themselves, which is a very reasonable thing to do, but say little about how to address the problems we were meant to discuss. This has me a bit concerned.

I do appreciate the effort that goes into keeping the site running, but we also need people to step in and make changes to how the site works, and the current webmasters seem not to have the time or interest to do that. So I'm hoping that more webmasters can join us in future who are technologically able to do those big administrative things. I'm not at all saying the current webmasters should be booted out. They just need some assistance. And if you ask me, they deserve that assistance aj thousand times over for the wonderful work they have done and continue to do.

I hope this message reaches the right people and makes a difference.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : quanin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector