Re: Danger City: redux?

Hello.
Here's the intro story, taken from the readme.

You are a police officer. You sigh as you walk back into the police station, after going after several gangs; they're all over the place these days. They
never used to be spotted so much around here! And all of these random acts of violence don't make sense either. You wish you could just go home and go
to bed; but, unknown to you, this knight could be the most dangerous one of your career.
As you enter, the dispatcher looks up: "Hey Nick, the chief wanted to see you. It sounds like he's got some information on the gang sightings and the murders
of those people. It sounds pretty urgent, you might want to head over there now." You thank her and race to the chief's office, wondering what could be
so serious.
You knock a few times, and finally, the door opens. You are shocked because of the grim look the chief is giving you.
"Thank you for coming , Nick." He shuts the door and motions for you to sit down, which you do.
"I have some very serious news", he continues.
"It seems that an unknown individual is attempting to take over the city, and has employed the gangs to keep everyone off the streets. Anyone who dares
to exit their houses will be shot on sight. We also have reason to believe that he has a secret base in a remote location. We are attempting to retrieve
it's coordinates now. The only thing we know for certain is that it is on an island."
"What do you plan to do about this", you ask.
"I'm not sure. All we can do for now is keep scanning."
You start to get angry and say, "You're kidding! We could save some lives if we formed a team and tried to hold the ganggs back!"
"Damn it Nick, we just don't have the resources right now! I hate this situation as much as you do, but there's nothing I can do at the moment."
"No way", you respond, "there's no way in hell that I'm going to let this happen!"
The chief gives you a look that basically means, "you're crazy" and says, "What, are you going to do, form your own team? That would be insane!"
"Yes, at least try to form one. But either way, I cannot let this happen."
"Alright", the chief responds, "I see that you won't give up. In that case, I'll assign a few officers in armed cars to help you. If you ever need help
from them, ask right away."
"Thanks chief", you say.
You get up and head for the door. Suddenly, you hear screaming, yelling and ffighting going on from the main room.
"What the... Oh damn!", the chief yells, "Those bastards are trying to invade the police station!"
Before you can act, a flood of gang members break down the door and run into the ro om. They grab you and the chief and begin to exit the room. You try to
get free, but one of them hits you in the jaw wwith an uppercut, and you black out.
When you wake up, you are in a cramped room. You look around, and see two other people. You recognize the man as being Zack, your old partner. You remember
all of the cases the two of you went on.
The woman's name is Faith, a new officer around the station. Although she is new, She also practices and teaches Tae-Quan-Do. You've also seen her at the
same gym you go to.
You try to open the door, but it's locked. "Anyone of you got a lockpick?", You ask.
Faith looks up. "Actually, I do." She gets up and walks over to the door, and inserts a lockpick into the keyhole. She stands there wiggling it around in
the lock for a few seconds, then takes the lockpick out, as the door unlocks.
"Alright!" she says, "Let's get out of here."
She quietly opens the door, and looks around outside. As she had expected, there were two guards standing near the door. A short fight follows, but she
manages to get rid of the guards.
"Follow me", she says to you and Zack, "I think I remember this building."
She leads the two of you through a complicated series of corridors, which dead-ends at a security door. "Crap..."
However, you realise that all is not lost. "Wait a minute," you reply, "Zack, don't you know how to disarm security systems?"
"Of course I do", He says.
"Excelent! I think I still have my equipment in my backpack."
You open your backpack, and pull out some equipment, which you hand over. He gets to work with the security system. In a moment, the door swings open. But
the alarms have gone off! Faith starts running, and you follow her. At last you come to a window that isn't looking into another p art of the building.
Since you know you don't have the time to look for the entrence, you smash the window with a fearce kick, and the three of you scramble out it. You think
You can hear voices coming from somewhere in the corridor you were just in. "Damn it man, why couldn't you keep them in!"
"I tried to! The woman took us out before we knew what was going on!"... Further conversations are blocked out as they travel down the corridor.
Yet again, Faith leads the three of you around the building until you are at the front of it.
She says, "The station isn't far from here, I just hope everyone's ok."
The three of you start running toward the station. Several minutes later, you reach it. The place is completely ruined; windows are shattered, doors are
crooked, and... What's that... More voices? "Oh no", Faith says, "They took it over!"
You and your newly-formed team rush in the building, and thus begins your journey, which is later codenamed Operation "Danger City".

  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: assault_freak
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: cj89
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: SLJ
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Guitarman
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: ghost rider
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: ghost rider
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: livrobo
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: sneak