Re: I'm leaving for now

Full disclosure: had I been reacting emotionally, I would have issued LordLundin a warning, since I think the way he was addressing me at certain points was a bit over the top.
I also think Audiogame has been pushing the envelope off and on for a good long while now.
We went after the most egregious insults and language, for the most part. I respect that you were testing us, Jaidon, but if we warn absolutely everyone who even puts a finger wrong, there will be mass revolt. Past a certain point, there is at least a little wisdom in letting things wind down. When it wasn't doing that, that's when I started talking about temporary topic closure. For what it's worth, I don't think that needs to happen now, since this thread appears to have grown fairly civil and is moving more toward specific topics and reconciliation than the shitstorm we were seeing earlier.

All that being said, please don't get the idea that it's okay to curse someone out or insult them as long as the topic's gotten hot. It's not. Please don't do it. Think before you post, for heaven's sake. But it does mean that we recognize that a whole lot of heated tempers means that it can feel like the fur is flying in all directions. People can feel understandably attacked, beset and otherwise piled on when they don't deserve it (that includes us staff members, by the way) and sometimes this can lead to less-than-optimal outcomes.
Everyone who was contributing regularly to this thread is, to some extent at least, part of that problem today. This doesn't mean we all share equal blame, but it does mean we all took part. I'm not going to start carving out slices of pie each according to perceived ownership of the problem, but we need to be better. That is pretty much inarguable.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : animal metal via Audiogames-reflector