Re: Accessible Shortwave Radio?

Hello,

I'm glad I could help. Anyway, the software I use on Windows is called HDSDR, and you can get it from hdsdr.de. You'll want the stable version, 2.76A, because the beta isn't as accessible. To control the program, you can use the keyboard. To enter a frequency, just start typing numbers. For example, to go to 5025 kHz, just type 5025k or 5.025m. If you need  to adjust the LO, or center frequency, type the letter l, then type  your frequency into the edit field that comes up. To find more keyboard shortcuts, press F1, select the button that says "keyboard shortcuts" with the arrow keys, and press enter. Most functions of HDSDR are accessible from the keyboard. If you're on linux, I've heard GQRX is accessible, but I don't know much about it.

To get HDSDR to work with the HF+ Discovery, you'll need an extIO. An extIO is a DLL that allows the software to work with the SDR. You can get the one for the HF+ Discovery from the Airspy.com download page. You'll also need an antenna to connect to it. the Discovery has an SMA connector.

Another option you might want to look into is the Airspy R2 or the RSP 2. These SDRs have a much wider frequency range, and they can record 10 and 6 MHz of spectrum at the same time. I personally  own the Airspy R2, and I love it for what I want to do. If you're only interested in shortwave, the  HF+ Discovery is going to be more sensitive in those bands. However, if you have any interests above 260 MHz, you'll need something else.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Josh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Josh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Josh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector