Re: I'm leaving as well

@Bryan P
No, Mason didn't want cracks or clones, he didn't allow them and he especially didn't encourage them.  As a developer him self that would be very out of character.
It was just hard for us to keep up with the flood of kids posting that kind of crap.  As soon as their was a new forum, they tried their luck there, thinking I assume, that it would be easier.
@Audio Game
Actually, he had made up some half finished rules in the site and forum feedback room that had been around since almost the start of the forum.  And after a bit of prompting we drew up new ones together, something that he said he'd ahve done earlier but he just couldn't think of how.
And as mentioned above, he was not tolerant of cracks, copycat games, or sound theft.  The only reason he didn't enforce it more was because it's such a pain in the ass to do.
Maybe he started out with some noble crusade for a moderation free/lightly moderated forum, but clearly, that was only said out of anger because that changed pretty much right away.
I suppose that if he had taken more of an active roll, he could have disallowed mods to do certain things, like close topics or ban without discussion, but I specifically asked him what I could and could not do at the start, and he pretty much said yes to everything.
Weather that was because he was being a pushover or just genuinely didn't give a shit, I can't tell you, but I didn't push super hard aside from my initial requirements for helping out, one of which was "I need the ability to do what I must (within reason) without having to contact you for every little thing".