Re: I Want to be Banned

The nature of some compulsive behaviour is that it is very, very hard to control. This is why games like Alter Aeon allow you to freeze a character or account for a predetermined amount of time. I believe Aardwolf does this as well. Some people do not know when to say "stop", and even if they tell themselves on Monday that they're done with a place, they may very well lose their composure on Wednesday and return. This is a very real issue, and should not be taken lightly.

That said, there are ways to lock yourself out of your own account. Carter determined a pretty good one a few posts back. You do not necessarily need to be banned.

DanGero, if you're still here and can still see this, I want to address some stuff you said.
In the last little while especially, I feel you've been taking a lot of things here really seriously. I believe you've even said as much. People disagreeing with you, the responses of other users, even stuff you're not to blame for in the slightest, all seems to be hammering in on you from multiple sides. This concerns me, and makes me worry for your mental health. If you have someone in your area, a friend, a family member, a counsellor, something like that, to speak to, I strongly recommend you do so, because while I hate to say what comes next so baldly, your responses are not rational. You're taking way, way too much responsibility, and that is never a good sign. It suggests that you're seriously overcommitted to this environment, which isn't healthy for anyone. We can't be expected to understand the lengths to which you go in order to be validated here, and at the same time, you can't be expected to just hand-wave the difficulties you experience on the forum just because people don't fully understand the effects they are having on you. I think, in other words, that a break for you, a pause for you to get your bearings, would be an extremely good thing. I can't recommend a little help strongly enough, and I hope you get it sooner rather than later.