Re: Two questions regarding recording

You can probably buy one from Amazon. There's a market for this sort of thing, hobbyists looking to digitize their tapes and/or records. Just keep in mind that, just as the vast majority of the turntables that are being sold for this purpose are utter garbage, your mileage may vary on any of the tape decks as well. I'm not as well-versed in those though, so maybe there are decent ones out there. I can tell you that Amazon sells blank cassettes, and those are fine, I've bought a couple packs of them for some projects I was doing. It honestly might be worth it to have a look around Ebay, at the very least, if you want something vintage. I agree that I'd never in a million years purchase something off Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace or any of those things for that matter, but most Ebay sellers actually give a crap about protecting their reputation.