Re: Presenting Master of Orion, a space strategy game

Yeah, in the original MOO 1, you could press a function key to cycle among your planets. In fact the entire game was keyboard accessible, though a mouse was more efficient. That doesn't work here, but there are a couple things you can do.
If you do "v py" you'll get a list of all your planets. THis will tell you info about them, including obviously names and such. You can also do what I did when I played this game with sighted friends, and copy info into a separate notes file. That might be easier if only because you can come up with a notation system that works for you. I can look into how the GUI shortcut is implemented, and see about adding a similar function for the command line, but can't promise when that would be done, as I'm slammed with RL work at the moment.

Regarding the bug fixes, you can use the pbxin_fixbugs.txt file with the 1oom_pbxmake command to build a patch file, and then use the -file command line option to run the game with it. I'm not sure if you can set the game to load a particular patch every time, but it's possible that's buried in a config file somewhere. Alternatively I think you could create a Windows shortcut to run it from the desktop or whatever. I hadn't seen the pbxin_fixbugs file when I posted last night, or I'd have mentioned it smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector