Oriol Gómez is creating an accessible version of the 2048 puzzle game

2048 is a mind boggling game in which you have to combine and slide numbered tiles. The goal of the game is to combine them together until you reach the number 2048, which is not an easy feat. Whenever a move is made, a new tile is added. If the board becomes full with tiles, the game is over.
Initially developed by gabriele Cirulli for the web, there have been some atempts at making this game accessible for the smartphones —most notably Blindfold Slide Puzzle (Blindfold Slide Puzzle en App Store https://apps.apple.com › app › blindfold-slide-puzzle).
However, that game did not really kick off as expected.

It was not until my friend Guillem introduced me to asocial  platform called chatmud ChatMUD is creating a MUD with social features | Patreon https://www.patreon.com/ChatMUD which had an accessible version of 2048, that I started to look into the game and how I would make it accessible.

I have been recently learning SwiftUI because the new framework  by Apple is an excellent way to create user interfaces (even if you cannot see them), because everything is done by code.
As a first project in swiftUI, I found a tutorial on how to make this game made by Carlos Correa and hosted on Medium Tips & Tricks: Remaking the 2048 game with SwiftUI and Combine https://medium.com › 2048-swiftui-dda67949beb

The tutorial did not take into account accessibility at all, but it introduced me to essential things in user interfaces such as how to color the screen, how to introduce icons and do basic animation by code in swift.

I took it upon myself to turn this game into something that is not only playable, but enjoyable for blind players and, so far, I think I succeeded in what I wanted.

I would like to release this project on the App Store, and I plan on doing so. However, releasing a game on the app store requires a developer account. A developer account costs a hundred dollars per year, so anything with which you could help out would be a huge step forward to this end.

I have also begun creating other games (screenshots and videos  coming soon). One is a set of one-button arcade games, and another one is a basic tower defence game with exploration and different types of soldiers.

I have created a video on Youtube of me playing my accessible version of 2048, with voiceover enabled. The voice you hear is from the screen reader, and the sounds come from the game.
This is the result.
https://www.patreon.com/ogomez92

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector