Re: what is the problem with this bgt code

Your issue is that the string you created is only alive while that function is alive.

Variables come in two fashions: personal and global. Personal isn't the right term for it but I'm tired ok?

Personal variables are variables created in the midst of a game, in a function.

Global variables are ones that have been created out of functions.

Take this example.

int x;
void main()
{
int y;
}

The x value would be reachable from anywhere in the code. But the y value, because it was created inside a function, would only work in the main function.

Let me know if this helps.

P.S. I know the solution to your problem, but I want to see if you can figure it out yourself first.