Re: Want to put your chiptune makeing to the test? lets go!

I can't believe that I haven't played with MGSDRV compiler at all... mainly because lazyness from me tongue. Viva PMD! It was the first MML compiler I learned.
Also, an optional MML tip from me is to use monitoring tools. The function of a MML monitoring tool is, watch the MML file. Some of them ask you to load the compiler and the MML file (for the simpler ones like PMD, which is a one-step compiler), others ask you to load a script for compilers that requires more than one step to complete the compilation process, and the MML file (MuMML requires scripts for compilers). After of that, if the MML file is being watched, you can edit your song, and when you save the file with ctrl+s (notepad) the monitoring tool will detect a change in the file, and automatically calls the compiler to (forgive the redundancy) compile it. If you have an associated player for the output, the song will play instantly. mml2vgm have a watch function, that makes things at least somewhat faster. A similar thing (but more faster) does FMMLEditor7 with the FMP7 sound driver, and the MUCOM88 sound driver.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector