Awakened worlds mud.

Sup.
I went to the tmc website, and searched for magic, as i was looking for HP theamed magic muds, or something similer to it. What I found, however just made me log off in about 2 minutes, as I didn't find anything interesting accept for 1, awakened worlds.
It held my attention for some time and still does. It doesn't have playerbase at all. I did find one, but he was dead or something.
For now, I do think it is a great mud, and there has been no issues. Some might not like it, some might. I might incounter problems sooner or later though and i do hope there are staff.
mud address and port,
awakenedworlds.net port 4000
background story, Includes a more detailed story in a below link,
The year is 2064.  Mankind has advanced further in technology, but many new
things have become part of everyday life.  Probably the most evident of these
are magic, the evolution of human races, and matrix technology.  Around
2010, it became apparent that magic had returned to the world.  Science
studied it and formed a new branch since current theories could not explain
the mysteries of magic.  Around 2015, humans began to evolve into several
new races, including dwarves, elves, orks, and trolls (while others, still
a majority, remained human).  And finally, around 2030, with the advent
of simsense technology (where an implant in the brain allows you to experience
a type of virtual reality media indistinguishable from real life), the world
networks linked to form a matrix, has become navigated through a derivative
of this technology.  This has created a speed of data manipulation never
before achievable by mankind.  All this surrounded by huge corporations which
are now able to act like individual countries, governments in turmoil, and
new, deadly species (to include dracoforms), create what is life in 2064.
For a more detailed account, please check out the Timeline at:
http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/resources/timeline.shtml

Features I've found currently,

Knock out system

This is actualy not considered a good feature by me, since I've not been able to survive it so far. If you are hit enough by an npc, or even a player, you can be knocked out.
Basicly, while you are knocked out you cannot do anything, and the monsters won't outright kill you, so if you manage to get enough health and mana which I've not been able to, you'll be fine but hurt. You can also stun npcs with hits, though you have to hit them repeatedly to kill them and they wake and charge you when some time has passed.
So Far, I've not found a way to increase those 2, but i just think i should've trained my body more.

Magic system

The magic system here is a bit different. There are 2 paths. , hermetic and shamanic.
I will copi what is written in the help files and paste it hear as I don't use mutch magic even though I am a mage.
shamans.
Shamans are people who are born with magical ability, but manipulate magic
through their emotions, will, and faith in the natural world and its power.
For shamans, this connection comes through a totem which personifies their
nature and has strengths and weaknesses just as they do.  This way of life
allows them to summon spirits and manipulate the magical energies of the
world.  Shamans do not view the world in a strictly logical or ordered way.
Unlike mages, they prefer to improvise when casting and let their emotions
bring out the strengths of their spells.
hermetics,
Given many names, mages are people who were born with magical ability and
have chosen to follow the hermetic tradition.  Mages are the group of people
who believe magic is like a science that can be studied.  They build
libraries to further their studies, conjure elementals, and manipulate the
magical energies through knowledge.  Though they may partly understand how
shamans perform magic, they conceptualize it differently.  Mages see
their art through the lenses of complex formulae, symbols, theories, and
practice.

Samurai or other jobs?

You don't always have to be a mage. You can be a samurai or someone who uses their fists well. I find my self really not knowing as i use all 3. You can wield katanas and wear armored clothing, or firearms. The npcs actualy act in certain situations. There is a system of legal and alegal which is actually law. So if you were holding/wielding a katana, you would be shot by a police guy. I've died more than once to that. You can determan the legality by typing exam object if you have the police procedures skill.

technology.

Technology has improved greatly. If you have the skills, you are able to connect your mind to most technologies. Vehicles, Computers and even hack most things.
Your awareness will however be intirely to the technology world, and i think you are able to be attacked by hostal npcs.
You can also attack with technology, perhaps send out a bunch of remote drones armed for combat to conquer or kill. I don't know mutch about combat or mutch yet. You are also capable of programing things, Which I've not tried as I'm a mage.

Taxies and vehicles.

The game has taxies(cabs) In most streats. The taxies will take cash of course. Your currency in the game is nuyen. However, if you are a newbie, You are able to go to most places for free. You can gather nuyen by killing mobs, mostly, or finishing quests(shadowruns.
You can also buy vehicles such as bikes or cars, though I've also not tried that yet. You start in the academy which teaches you most things, and you are capable of getting a license to own one vehicle. Vehicles are not allowd past borders where police patrol. not the streat though, I've seen some parked.
Players can ram you if you are in the vehicle, though if you have your mind connected to it, You can just ram them back, though ramming back will cause dammage to the vehicle  as well.

Academy.

In the academy, you are givven a tun of nuyenI advice you . to spend it to buy what you  will need and more if nuyen still remains.
In the academy, you are taut how to play more of the game and the skills. You can also train your strength, body and other stats. The academy will tell you about most of the gameplay you will need to know.

astrel projection?

In the world, if you are a spirit summoner or a shaman, or even hermetic i think, you are able to travel out of your body into the spirit plain. You can customize your description and room description there. I also think I've heard in the help files you are able to pass through most doors, and the only way to kill you is probably by another spirit or someone to kill your body.

More of the spirit system

If someone summons a spirit, the best way to kill it is probably to summon another spirit and combat it, or even banish it.
I've heard spirit combat is dangerous. If you attempt to banish it and fail, only a shaman/hermetic can do that i think, most of your magical power will be drained permanently. I don't think you can gain it back but probably you can.
speaking about death. Death, in the game is not permenant. There is some kind of thing called the dockwagon that will come and try to save you. if you don't have a docwagon mode they won't try and save you as mutch, but if you do they'll save you harder for every better mode. Also, I think youtype die when you are mortaly wounded for them to come and save you, though I'm not sure about that.

Foci

Foci are magical artifacts that are used by awakened beings to augment
their own magical powers. There are numerous types of foci:
Specific Spell Foci: Aid in casting a particular spell.
Category Foci: Aid in casting a entire category type of spells.
Spirit Foci: Aid in conjuring Elementals and Spirits.
Power Foci: Increase the users Magic Attribute and augment magical skills.
Sustaining Foci: Allow a spell caster Sustain a spell without having to concentrate.

end

That's all I know or have researched yet. I don't think most people will read this as it is too long and seporated, but i at least hope someone tries the mud. Again, sorry for the long, long seporated thing. Well, it might be long as I've spend quite a time writing it. I should hope not.
Sorry about most of the I don't knows. I found the mud yesterday and wasn't able to explore it mutch as it was morning, and I  haven't even upgraded enough to try most of the tech. I'm andrewRivers there

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Quentin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector