Re: What's going on with laptop audio these days?

I'll just tell you my experience since we're speaking about laptops. You think that the microfone enhancements are bad? then check this out. 4 years ago or more my grandfather gave me a new laptop as a gift. All was damn cool except for one thing. Beats audio! Yes, this particular laptop came with this sound enhancement and i hate to admit this. its just damn awesome! it sounds great and even the built in speakers sound great. The problem starts when you're editing audio. First of it has a very nice equalicer that you can disable so there's no problem. The real deal is you have a compressor integrated... or maybe is a limiter? i cant tell right now. But that's the thing, is plain impossible to edit/mix because the compressor thingy is doing its job, pushing the volume up or down as i try to figure what my mix needs. I looked everywere to just disabling it temporarily but no results, so i had to downgrade the drivers and be happy with the microsoft generic ones.