Times When People Made you Feel Stupid

What are all the times people have tried to make you feel below them or less intelligent than them simply because they were higher in the authority chain? I suppose I’ll start.
I remember the last year I went to my old blind school for summer camp. There was a student who wanted to get NVDA on Android. I am formed him that this was impossible since they did not make NVDA for Android, but the teacher was insistent on trying it anyway. I - being the argumentative person that I am - retorted by telling the teacher that you can’t get NVDA to work on Android anyway unless you recode a lot of things, since android has a completely different GUI than Windows. All that really managed to do was get the teacher more annoyed at me, and I basically got told to Be quiet and let her try. I continue to say things to them to try to get them to listen, but then they started ignoring me. They must’ve spent a good 5 to 10 minutes Googling how to get NVDA on Android. I was almost more amused by the sheer stupidity that I was annoyed, but like I said, almost. Them trying to portray me as a spoiled child when I tried to correct them on something they were wrong about when I was 16, plus the fact that they lied to me about it being a summer camp and having it eventually turn into more of a school type setting was what finally urged me to say “You know what? Fuck this. I’m gonna look for something better.” Turns out now I’m actually a certified expert of NVDA and have my certificate, which is amusing in a way because it’s kind of like having written proof that I was right and they were wrong. This is something I wish I had about three or four years ago so that I could’ve had it available to me so just in case someone tried to tell me I was wrong about something regarding NVDA I could tell them to fuck off, but I suppose that makes me just as bad as they are if not worse.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector