Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

I would say that your team should be around level 42-44. If you're much lower, you're going to struggle unless your team is really amazing. I was just going through this part of the game with my own team, and I had to grind in Requia a little to get up to speed.

Speaking of which, further impressions:

Javoltrik: Not busted, but not all that overwhelming. Almost everything he hits with has an accuracy penalty. This is bad, especially given all the upgrades other manamon have gotten. I feel like maybe fighting types got left behind just a wee bit here. When he does hit, he hits hard, but it's getting so that misses are becoming a liability.
Penguilum: Got Freeze Ray, tried to get Ice Tempest, also wanted to learn Hone Blade which I refused. Quite fast and hits fairly hard on the special side, but I'm giving this one a pretty big "meh". Even his ability is not super useful to him. Makes it so that he resists ice moves better, but he's neutral to ice. Unless there's some other amazing ability this guy gets, I'm not particularly impressed.
Skeletone: Starting to come into his own. Now has Attack Concerto and Death Thrash. I don't quite dare take this thing's holy robe off, because I don't fancy taking tons of damage from ghost type attacks, but otherwise he's fairly good. Tried to learn the new undead attack, Dessicate Beam, around level 52 (with level-up herbs, I was just checking). Also gets Subliminal Radio Wave afterword. Not too bad on the attacking side, defenses are average, speed is just a little on the meh side. Definitely not bad if played carefully.
Araknite: Okay, I may be dead wrong here, but I have a sneaking suspicion this thing gets Smoke Shield twice in its moveset. I was all geared up for it to learn some powerful fire or earth move, like Torch or Contained Quake or even Earthquake, and then it went for Smoke Shield. No thanks. lol Otherwise, surprisingly good attacking stats, and great as long as you don't get hit with water.
Chimerus: I like this thing, but two weaknesses to ghost and undead make it really, really hard to play when those two types are around as often as they are. I believe it's also double weak to insect, and that's even more a death sentence. Gets some very nice coverage moves though, so if played right, I think this guy could be a physical sweeper.
Mantasteel: I'm picky. Remember this. But Mantasteel is about the only manamon on my team that I'm overwhelmingly happy with. It learned Decibel Rush not too long ago, so now it has sound, insect and steel type attacks, supported by Hone Blade. Insect and steel have a few weaknesses, but several resists as well, so this thing is a winner IMO. I'm currently pumping its speed up, the better to help it sweep whole teams later.

Just finished the fight with the maustadon. It nearly took me down, but I basically just outraced it, damage-wise. I also totally trashed Biren. I don't know how/why others have such issues with that guy; maybe it's a team comp thing, or a level thing, but his overdrives make him dead meat. As long as you can take his friends down fast-ish, you're sitting pretty.

Problem though. I still only have six level-up herbs. I had eleven once. I want eleven again. I can't remember where they all are anymore. Bleh.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sapphire kickman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mariaespino26 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector