Re: Warsim, text based randomly generated stratogy

Hello Wastelander,

This isn't me harping on something but I have brought it up before and think it's a good idea despite some stuff you've said in the past but still going to bring it up again because I think you're wrong about it.

Also if others agree with you, they can say their say as well and we can decide as a group whether the community really wants this the way I imagine would be cool or the way you were thinking.

There are nations of wizards as a major race category. You said you think that was a mistake and that the reason you have a lot of wizard types is because you were short on ideas when you launched the game.

I have to disagree. Whether or not the wizard races got into the game because you were short on race ideas, I think they add a lot of cool flavor to the game and really have a place there.

My idea for the path you should follow for the future is not to cut the wizards and other specialized human race types, but rather to embrace them and actually expand on that.

I don't know how many wizard types you have, but why not samurai, ninja, and other sorts of warrior types and fantasy class types, both real and fantastic. A country of shaman or druids, a nation of assassins, a country of monks, a city-state of bards, a league of crusaders? I think all of these and similar things would be awesome.

I play a lot of D&D and sometimes what sets countries apart in D&D isn't exotic races, but humans (and I mean humans literally) presented in exotic or strange ways. The techy land of Lanton in Forgotten realms features a lot of high-technology human inventors in a renaissance world while the land of thay is a twisted land ruled by evil wizards. In Eberron, there is Thrane which is a theocracy ruled by warrior-priests in sort of a Vatican sort of sense, and other lands are ruled by guilds or craftsmen.

I think you really should embrace the human aspect of the game and actually expand what the wizards have brought to independent lands rather than regret that they are there.

But if others disagree, we can figure that out now that I've laid it out.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : aedan via Audiogames-reflector