Re: please stop telling us to switch

I am also going to chime in, lol.
I don't know how many of you know this, but BGT was technically my first language. I do believe that, at least for a gentle start, one should go with BGT. It hides a lot of things, which is great because it allows you to focus on the actual concept you may want to accomplish. Now, do I believe that you should stay and learn nothing else? No, I do not. However, I also am understanding that switching from one language to another is not an easy task. To compare, imagine that you're being told to mostly speak in Spanish and that you only sort of know how to do it or don't know it at all. In the first case, you could probably get by with a lot of stress (I'm speaking from experience here, try to go to an English school while learning the actual language), but in the second case you're simply just screwed and thus refuse to do so. This is my point: People who keep telling others to switch don't actually convince the individual to do so. I'm, again, speaking from experience here. I talked with Cimpter a couple of months ago and tried to "make them see the light" (notice the quotation marks) by switching to Python. Thing is, it didn't work at the time. He just shut down under the pressure and refuse to listen to what I thought were valid and good reasons. That's what all of those who say "switch to language x because of y and z" do, waste words.
In case if my message wasn't clear, here it is in plane words: Somebody will switch to a different language not because folks demand for them to do so, but because they will feel like it. Period. End of story.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector