Re: What is the Coolest Experience You've Ever Had

Hi there,
well, I have perhaps quite different measures for cool experiences, as what I like the most is when I manage to beat a challenge, especially hardone.
However I have also few from real world, I think among the most intensives flying in a wind tunnel.
I did this few times, and it was totally awesome!
If you have never heard about wind tunnels, you can imagine it like a giant tube placed vertically, like a straw in your glass. On the bottom is a giant fan, which blows a high-speed wind to the tube (that's why it's called wind tunnel).
When you go inside, you are grabbed immediately by a huge air power, pushing you upward.
You can control this force by changing your resistance area i.e. when you're lying parallel to the ground with your face pointing down, you will rise as you're exposing the largest possible area, while if you for example lift your head, you change the upward lift under your body and can descend instead.
With few tricks like thatone just mentioned, you can... well... fly, in its true meaning. You can do whatever you want, from entering various body positions, which you normally don't find yourself in, to a very quick and dinamic flying, including moving in space to all directions, making somersaults, rotating, jerking and other cool stuff. smile
I have tried various kinds of movement, like driving a motocycle, or a water scooter, but nothing vent close to thisone. It's an absolute freedom, one of the very few moments in your life, when you're not touching anything.
I guess jumping with a parachute would be somewhat similar, although for a shorter period of time, as you need to land sooner or later. big_smile

My flying adventures lasted for about three minutes each, but even if I absolved just one, those would be really three minutes, which I'd never forget.

Only thing to be careful about is flying out of the tube. Just flowing through the door isn't a good idea, as nothing will hold you in the air behind them, keep it in mind if you decide to try it yourself. big_smile

Best regards

Rastislav