Re: Secure way to pack sounds in python?

First, if you are not going to hardcode the key, you would have to store it somewhere would you not? If so, somebody could figure out where you’re storing it and still access it. Unless there’s another method of storage that I’m not aware of?
Second, I thought that IVs are required to be the same for decryption purposes. Thus, when accessing encrypted game assets, I would have to  keep them constant, which would require me to store them in code or attach them to the data in some form or fashion.  For saving settings a different IV could be used, but again, it would have to be recoverable, so I end up attaching it to the data regardless.