Re: Think of your own Manamon

I'm going to be blunt but honest. It won't. And that's okay.
I'm not putting stuff down here in an attempt to get Aaron's attention. Shit, I'm just having fun. I can build stuff really quickly, and can make it interesting and semi-balanced as well with not too much effort. If I had had the coding chops, and thought the community would tolerate it, I'd have jumped on this bandwagon myself before Aaron did. Some of these creatures and such I've had kicking around my head for awhile now, and I like to share.

Speaking of sharing, here's another one.

Name: Spriggle
Type: plant and insect
Description: Spriggle looks for all the world like a leafy little branch with eyes. It can move itself about jerkily from place to place, but its movements appear awkward. Most of the foliage decorating it is green, but some is brownish and a little wilted-looking.
Manapedia: Scientists are unsure how and why an insect and plant have fused in this fashion, and studying Spriggle in captivity is difficult because these manamon tend to dislike being observed. Some have been known to go still and dormant for months in order to avoid scrutiny.

Evolves at level 21 into

Name: Stragoon
Type: plant and insect
Description: Long vines hang down all around this sticklike manamon. A hard shell-like exoskeleton has begun to grow around the body and head. The inves are never completely still, but the body itself rarely moves.
Manapedia: Although it may look frail and easy to penetrate, Stragoon's shell plating is extremely difficult to crack. Nobody knows what is happening within the cocoon, however, since any Stragoon that is cracked open in this manner inevitably dies.

Transforms at level 37 into

Name: Tanglodon
Type: insect, plant, dragon
Description: Fully formed, this manamon has iridescent wings, a body with a studded carapace, a long, sinuous neck and an insectile head complete with three separate sets of horizontal mandibles. Tanglodon is draped all over with vines, and has a long, prehensile tail with a stinger on the end.
Manapedia: This manamon can either be your best friend or your worst mistake, depending on your intentions. It is said that Tanglodon will come to the aid of those lost in the forest, but will lay waste to those it sees as a threat with brutal efficiency.
Stats (Tanglodon): 84HP, 112 attack, 84 defense, 81 special attack, 71 special defense, 88 speed (total 520)
Abilities: Ambush or Tough Carapace
Ambush: The first attack this manamon looses in a battle always does 2 times the damage it would normally do; if this manamon has a speed advantage, it does 1.25x the normal damage it would do when attacking
Tough Carapace: This ability only comes into play if this manamon is hit with an ice attack; the first ice attack which hits this manamon directly will do no damage, but will lower its defenses by 10% each while raising speed by 25%. After this, ice attacks are treated as normal.

I'm not going to list attacks. And yes, I'm aware this thing is horribly, horribly weak to ice. It might be so weak to ice that it's busted. That's why one of its abilities can give it an anti-ice defense. I also expect that this thing would probably have a wide arsenal of attacks, probably one of those hidden gems that people actually liked. The sort of thing you just keep away from its weaknesses if you can.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Lawrence_McSu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Patrick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Lawrence_McSu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector