Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

There is a lot of hatred for Erratic Battler in this thread, and it is a gimmicky ability. I will say though, on my last play through of the game before release, I transformed my Wolfsyre into Werewolfsyre around level 42, and it was one of the strongest players on my relatively good team. Provided you use it to take advantage of its strong points, it can be over powered. For example, it is great for one shotting ferals, remembering to of course switch your Erratic Battler to a secondary slot when you are about to face a tamer. As good as Werewolfsyre was in my play through, it is even better now, as a recently discovered bug was fixed. He can be underwhelming for boss battles, but he is great for landing some heavy first blows.
Wolfsyre is good in its own right though, especially since, given the right equipment, it can be made even stronger.
Gimmicks in a game like this are not uncommon. Some people like them, some people don't. What's great about a game like Manamon is you get to customize your team to be exactly what you want. If you don't like Domestress, Werewolfsyre or Viralite, you never have to use them. Manamon is by far the most versatile completely blind accessible RPG, allowing you an unparalleled ability to craft your team.
You can very much take what you like, and leave what you do not like in terms of creatures, especially for the main campaign.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FeatheryPeachKitsune via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Alduin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : josephweakland via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector