Re: android app recommendations for the visually impaired

ah, thanks. I found that for some reason, I have two very different clock apps. One of them is more limited, and is the samsung one, the stock one. Here the stopwatch works perfectly and can even count laps, tell you how much has been on that lap, the time elapsed until that lap, and when you exactly split the lap... it reads well. But then for cooking its obviously better to use a timer, I found this the hard way yesterday haha. Thankfully, just saying "OK google, set an egg timer for 8 minutes" will be way even better and really saves you time and lets you concentrate on the stuff that is worth it.
I am keeping that other clock app, which apparently is from the other phone I had (got carried over somehow on sync when transferring stuff from my g-mail accounts) because it is somewhat more versatile in terms of sound and control, so you can use volume keys to control what happens after an alarm sounds and so on.
I will definitely check out some other apps you have mentioned here.
I have to yet try one that was recently announced  called supersense
which apparently works similarly to lookout.
another one, called  altimeter lets you measure your current altitude and track it over some time and distance and so on. I found this helpful because I travel a lot and cook by myself so its good to know how altitude affects some cooking variables and so on. Its mostly accessible, with some unlabelled buttons and adds but totally usable and information is presented just fine.