Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

Dark wrote:

I don't believe screen reader settings interfere with Browser settings, I suspect it's about how the game tracks whether okay or cancel are hit on the popup warning, but it does explain my random deaths.

here is Mr. savestring:

aGVpcmxvb209SEg3LEhDMTMsSEExMCxITDEzLEhXMTEsSE85LEhSMTI7IHByZXN0aWdlPU5QNyxQWDQyNjAsUFMyLFBTMjI0LFBQMSxQRjgsUEExMCxQRTEyLFBXMTMsUEw4

On those popups you should only have 'ok', as its just a notification alert, not a confirmation box. Not sure what queue is sent to the browser when you escape out of those. Pressing enter to clear it should hit the 'ok' button. But yeah this doesn't happen to me in chrome either, with or without NVDA running. I know the screen reader shouldn't interfere with browser settings, but it does intercept key commands for alternate purposes depending on which mode you are in. For instance, pressing b or h without a screen reader would type those characters, not cycle through the buttons and headings. Not sure how or why escape would be behaving that way though. Oh, what might be happening is you are getting the low health alert at the same time as the you died alert because of big damage. The next time it happens, you can restart the game, then go to your event tab and reload the event log. It should read back what happened in your previous life after it reads the start up stuff.

In the next update, I dialed back the damage ramp, you're right its a bit ridiculous after you get up to like scene 150+. I also am making the damage ramp be a function of difficulty, so if the ramp is stopping you from progressing you can go back a difficulty, prestige a few more times and go back up.

dark wrote:

It's good to know, but a fix might be nice, such as perhaps having the warnings pop up in the event log instead of as text boxes with okay and cancel buttons, which would make them easier to read anyway

Sorry, just saw this part of that post. I've been meaning to ask about this because I'm not sure how those pop ups 'appear' to you all. The original thought was a pop up because I was skimming through the game really quickly getting in a rhythm and I would die a lot not paying attention to my health. So I put in the pop ups to make the game stop until you clear it. I can put those in a different spot so that they are read as "ALERT: you have low health" but in that case, going into the log would read them twice. I can have the alerts just not go into the regular log and only be read as ALERT, so that you'll pay more attention to them, but you don't have to clear them with the ok button. For visual players, they would just appear in the log a different color so they are more noticeable.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector