Question on how to navigate C++ files with narration

Hi, I work with a fantastic newly totally blind C++ engineer who needs to be able to quickly navigate between things like functions in a c++ file. Right now he's using Visual Studio with NVDA and is listening to files in their entirety to try to find methods. Can anyone give him tips and tricks, or point us to resources, on how he can navigate files efficiently? We can invest in a different editor if that helps, but Visual Studio is preferred. He has a license to jaws, but his experience is primarily NVDA.

Thank you so much for any tips that I can share with him.

Karen Stevens
EA Sports Accessibility Lead