Re: any tips for playing pokemon

@CJ89

Yeah I don't really like what they did in HGSS with the music either. I know you used to be able to get remade version of the old chiptunes from within the game, but don't think that's a thing you can do anymore because that service was shut down a long time ago.

I don't understand what you mean by this. The songs are built into the game and you can unlock them after you make it to Canto.

Also, for everyone that is reading this, you do know you can use emulators to play these games? Even X and Y, ORAS, and Sun and Moon.

@Hijacker

You keep speaking like every wall has round edges. Pokemon games are still intrinsically easy to navigate due to their linear structure.

As far as the first 2 trials, you've made it clear that you're a little misinformed. In the first trial, the Pokemon don't run randomly back and forth. You literally have to investigate all of the caves/holes until you find all the Pokemon. There's only one scene where a Pokemon runs to a different hole, and it's not even random.
On the second trial, you don't even have to chase after Pokemon. You literally surf up to the Wishwashi and click on it. You do that 3 times and that's it. They don't even move around and they make a stereo sound.

I sometimes stream an Ultra Moon randomizer Nuzlock on my Twitch, but I haven't in a month or so due to me being out of town. However, I'm all the way on the 4th island, so take that for what you will.

@Jayde

1. I just checked and you're right, they sort of don't wrap. Most of them do, but the bag doesn't, and I think that's the most important part.

2. Your first example I can agree with: difficult, but not impossible. For your second, I never had much of an issue with it. Third, I'll give you that one, I completely forgot about that. If I remember correctly, you have to type the password in, right?

3. The ice puzzles are designed in a way where you're suppose to slide and change direction when you bump into things. I would argue that they're actually more accessible than you think because there are only a few set directions you can go. Also like what a lot of people have been mentioning, there are a lot of text walkthroughs out there, for the blind or not, that are useful.

I wasn't implying that the controversy made it inaccessible, just to highlight that I have played the games because of it, and therefore could be misleading or misinformed.

@Stirlock

Maybe you guys can get that folder moving again. I tried contributing to it when I was added, but it was pretty much DOA. Also, it's a main reason why I stopped creating walkthroughs for Pokemon. I would post them, they would get berried and people would keep asking the same questions as they did before. I enjoyed creating them, but there's really not much incentive to make them anymore.