Re: A Western Drama - Demo

Hi.

Ok, after playing the demo a bit, here are my thoughts.

The sound design is pritty awesome. It might not be the best one we've seen, but it gets the point across very well.

the voice acters also do a quite good job, although I have the feeling they are over selling a bit, but it's a western game, so it works.
The general game play is quite interesting. Nothing ground breaking, but it's not just your usual hear and react type game.

I do have some problems with it.

the movement feels very slow and clunky. When I hit the up arrow I usually expect my character walking instantly, not waiting about a second till he starts walking.
The same thing for turning, a more responsive and quicker reaction would be a very good thing to fix in the game.
It also would be nice to have the possibility to check for your mentor when you are moving, you now have to stop moving, hit space and hear where the guy is, turn and walk again while you could do that at the same time and wouldn't need to stop your walk flow so to speak.

the thing with the cars wooshing by as jaide said was also something I noticed, it's not even as quiet so you could mistake it for wind.
I also have a problem with the duel, although I guess I'm at fault here, I don't get how you should win this.

I hear that snake raddles and do the sequence as best as I can. Problem is, on the last drum beat i hit up arrow and nothing happens, so I always get shot. Any tips would be cool.

For my last little problem. I suppose noone will care about this, but I want to point it out anyway.

the horse you and your mentor ride doesn't sound like a horse you would find under the saddle of a bounty hunter, they more sound like big draft horses when I listen to the trot and gallop sound. I would expect something like a quarter horse or even a paint, so something smaller and faster with a bounty hunter, not a huge draft like a shire, clydesdale, or a belgian draft.

Yeah yeah, nitt picking, but I can't help it.

Some we should keep in mind though. We all know this developer and how game updating and fixing is with these guys, so I hope this time they actually take our feetback and fix the game acordingly.

Greetings Moritz.