Re: 7th plane mud

I've played further and got on better in some ways, particularly with how unarmed combat and stances work.

With sewing it seems that there really isn't a way to make money off it or to get cloth other than by buying it, so basically improving sewing is an exercise in laying out cash, then using it.
On the plus side, I have got on a bit better making cash with other crafts, in particular selling armour and weapons, ---- though  not jewelry items to the merchants in alexandria.
One carve pine club will sell at 60 currency a pop, and since chopping one tree can get cash for four or five clubs plus a few masks and other things, it's relatively easy to make cash at and advance the skill, indeed I've now got over 1000 currency.

You can also make money by selling spider hides to the gnomes, since they pay 3-5 a go for each, and buy selling meat from anything on the second level of the caves to the merchant in the temple, though I confess now my butcher skill is maxed I don't bother with that as it's a time consuming process.

There is also a compare command which helps, though it seems sewing doens't come into it's own at making things until you can work with scales and rawhide, which means a lot of buying wool or fur (preferably wool because it's cheap), sewing things and then sacking them.

The two things I've not determined, are firstly where to find other trees than pine, and secondly how  to increase gathering rates, even though my gather is maxed, since I'd like to make some bone armour, but gathering bones is a slow process.

Unfortunately, it seems in this game gather and chop are both pretty much just single use commands, and the only way to get different wood is by chance when you chop a tree, though I'm not sure how you find out what tree it is without actually making it into logs.

I also am a bit disappointed in that basically all the crafts work in the same way and produce mostly the same sorts of items, since it'd be nice to build different things, and the idea of woodden or stone armour is a bit bonkers, still the game has held my attention and I'll be interested to see what else I can find when I can make it through the spider caverns, planes  or the bone yard successfully.