Re: 2 truths and a lie

Disclaimer: I am not trying to, nor do I honestly care if you decide to contribute to this game.  I put this post together sort of as a fun little jab at the topic as a whole to showcase a few issues with it... I promise it's nothing personal.  Here's the main problem I have with this game... Anyone could say something is truth or a lie, provided there isn't any concrete evidence to back it up.  Taking post 1 as an example?  How are we to know if the topic's creator ever had a family member who found fifty dollars on the street?
Supposing I told you all the following:
1.  I have four children.
2.  I live in Texas.
3.  I once owned a ps2.
Here are the problems with all the statements I just made:
1.  Of the four children I have, one of them is actually a stepchild, and if someone were serious enough they'd go digging through my posts to try and discredit that statement and say I was lying based on that evidence.
2.  I don't live in Texas... I actually live in Florida.  My profile states that I'm from Texas.  The fact is, I've lived in Texas as recently as six months ago, but unless I mentioned it out here and you could actually go to someone else to verify it, I may as well be lying about living either place.
3.  I never did own a ps2, but I've talked extensively about the consoles I've owned and have mentioned my extensive messing around with a ps2.  The fact here again is, I had a great friend who had a ps2, who left his home and didn't really have anywhere to stay, came and camped out at my place, brought his console with him, stayed for quite some time and gave me free reign on the thing.  Sometimes he'd go out for hours at a time and I'd be playing on his console without him so much as thinking on one breath about it.  Honestly?  It felt like I owned the freaking thing because he never said I couldn't use it, anymore than he would have said I couldn't listen to his Harry POtter collection or tampered with any number of things he brought with him.  Did I actually pay for it though?  Nope.
For all of the above reasons, I submit that anything anyone says is or is not a truth claim on this topic is entirely subjective and thus more a matter of argument than a real way to win this slightly twisted game.  :d

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mishko via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mishko via Audiogames-reflector