Re: Shameless self promotion aka Dark's singing demos

Hi.

Glad people like, as I said it was harder work than I expected. I was going to sing Una fortiva lagrima, instead of O Del mio, but changed my  mind because Una fortiva is sort of a marathon and takes a lot of work to sing. I'm glad I did sinse recording was harder than I expected.

I'm pleased they came out okay and I can't hear too many mistakes (usually i  detest hearing recordings of my singing, these I mearly dislike).

Regarding static in the Gluk, I'm not sure. That one was a pest due to the pauses being fairly precise, and I didn't get to do my usual canzona aka vocal flourishing showing off, but also the chap dealt with that one fairly quickly and was rather run off his feet generally, indeed he said if he wanted to record the three tracks truly! properly he'd spend a day tinkering with each but there just wasn't the time. actually I felt rather sorry for him, he was using a highly professional setup with 60000 quid's worth of equipment but due to an amazon promotion was being paid £8.50 fper hour, sinse the offer was half price and then Amazon were taking half of that as well, which is less than my cleaner.

I will certainly go back to him and have a go at recording more stuff, indeed I might try Una Fortiva next time.

@Tom, While I have soung a huge variety of stuff from Crooners to gospel and  barber's shop to grand Opera and orotorio, I won't deny I'm a classical singer first sinse one of my major interests is light Opera things like Gilbert and sullivan, though doing some jaz or blues might be an interesting experience to try at some point.

Eventually I'd like to do the sort of thing Alphie Boe does, who is a classical tenor, but can go from Elvis to musicals to grand opera. That's a lot more fun and less snooty than most opera singers, particularly sinse my own musical tastes range across a lot of different genres.

I also have some other weerder ideas but we'll see about those big_smile.