Re: Let's talk about windows seven end of life...

@OP: Microsoft pushing the accounts thing is a misconception. you can use Windows 10 with a local account as @burak mentioned. I would advise you to try 10 yourself instead of just going based off of what other people are saying. I've never signed into a Microsoft account on this computer and can download apps and run Windows just fine.

Concerned about data collection? Not like our phones haven't been doing for years already. I was surprised when one of my friends showed me their Alexa account and how much audio there was there that Alexa had marked as "not for Alexa" but still kept it. So, if you have a smartphone (which I'm sure you do,) there are companies that have way more information than Microsoft does...but that didn't stop you from getting a smartphone, did it? Heck, even Google's Re CAPTCHA thing is meant to track you. But we all still stay signed into our Google accounts to bypass the challenge. I do.

Once Microsoft drops support for seven, a lot of developers (especially those using the latest advances in .NET) will drop support for seven also.

Frankly, all these points have been argued  over and over and I don't know why the same question keeps coming up, because nothing anyone says here will change peoples' minds anyway. You can either upgrade or not upgrade, up to you. Seems like the "should I upgrade to 10?" question will never go away.