Is it Time to Re-Discuss Copyright Rules on This Forum

The inspiration for this topic comes from here. People have been talking about the rules regarding the blacklisting of links to websites containing illegal content. I fully understand the blacklisting of websites such as the now defunct Cool Roms website, (I'm not afraid to mention it since it's been shut down and I don't even remember the address to the website anyway). As much as I hate Nintendo and how they're so steadfast against the hosting of old NES roms even though those games aren't sold anymore, the law is the law, and it is illegal to host those games. Therefor, I can fully understand and get behind the admins banning links of those roms from being posted here. However, when it comes to Jeff's website, it contains a hole lot more than just audio described content. It contains game guides, tuns of perfectly legal abandoned programs/games, and possibly the largest repository of older NVDA addons to date. I don't believe the illegal content in question is even hosted on his website anymore, I think he just points to places where you can get it. If we're banning websites that point to illegal content, we may as well ban everything, because no matter what website you're on you can always lead yourself to pirated content if you know the right paths to take. In theory, all it would take is someone going on this forum, someone posting a link to the Google search page, searching for whatever torrent website they want to find, and Google will take them right to it. Technically, this forum is always pointing to illegal content in some way. I'm not saying allow everything; that's a terrible idea if you actually want to continue to keep this forum running. At the same time though, I feel like the rules on what we can and can't link to are almost crossing the too strict line. What do you guys think about this?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector