Re: Addressing Some Concerns About USA Games

Bryan, its not just games the blind community wine and complain about. They complain about everything, or so it seems to me. I've been around on this and other blind forums and there have always been more than a handful of blind members who will wine, complain, and cry about this, that, and the other thing. Its a mindset I don't completely understand, but I think people let them get by with it and they try to pull it on more mature members of the community without success.

I think part of it is they never had a chance to grow up. A lot of blind people are on disability income like SSI, still live at home with mom and dad, and have little interaction with the rest of the world. Therefore they tend to be immature and self-centered living in their own little world. They are unable to sympathize or empathize with someone like myself because I have tried not to fall into that trap, and for the most part have lived a somewhat normal life. I've been married, had chil dren, gone to college, etc as anyone else wood so have had to grow up and experience how the real world works not sit at home and bitch and complain about everything and anything I don't like. That, of course, brings us to the real problem.

I think a lot of blind people don't have a lot to do accept play with their computers, and are constantly looking for new stimulus like new games. Therefore if a game doesn't appear on demand, when they want it, they wine and complain because they are bored and have nothing else better to do with their time like go to school, a regular job, etc so expect game developers to keep them happy. Therefore those of us who have other things besides sit around playing game or creating them get the brunt of the "why aren't you working on it" type questions from people who have nothing else better to do with their time and simply wouldn't understand if we told them.