Re: Let's talk about windows seven end of life...

Ok, Let's tell my windows story as well.

I started out with windows7 and jaws in 2011. Only for school at that time. Nothing so much of interest happened in this time, except my knowledge improving and me switching to nvda a few years later. I didn't so much got into the win8 release. I recently tried it out the first time lol. In 2015 where i got my new laptop with win7 cause i wanted that (it was a few months before the win10 release), win10 started to anoy me before i even installed it. The way how microsoft tried to make people update is really not a nice thing to do, nicely formed. Also the fact that after some time the people got actually forced to update due to their comps starting the update automatically without asking. Fortunately it didn't do that for me, but the anoying window still kepd getting in my way because it kepd just jumping in without me clicking anything. Remember that thing where there was a tv show using windows to show a weather picture and the windows 10 download message popped up?
In 2016 I got my first win10 laptop. A little laptop. It was a tablet pc that i got cause i wanted to have a laptop that i could put into my backpack. I started it up. I was waiting for something to happen. Nothing at all happened. Well, i could see thatt it actually started somehow but nothing else. Only to realize that ms had the brilyant idea to remove the starting sound. Confusing. But with sighted assistance, i was able to get into win 10. But then the lag came. It was quite noticeable. The strange thing was it mainly lagged on windows explorer, all other things seamed to work just fine. I thought it would have to do with the specs of the laptop that where quite low, but it was enough for nvda and audiogaming. What a surprise that a friend with a really high specs laptop (250 gb ssd, 1tb hdd, 4 cores, don't remember ram but also quite nice) told me of the same problems. Switching through alt tab list desktop was gone. Thanks. Windows defender blocked anything that was compiled with bgt, even when i was just compiling it which is rediculous. Let's make a jump to 2019 where i reinstalled my win7 laptop and it now runns win10. I already regretted it when the setup process came.
Yes, it is talking. Yes, it's accessible. And yes it's fast. But the cortana was anoying to turn of, every time i tried doing it it took the narrator speech and interpreted it as me speaking. That took me a while and a chech instead of german keyboard leyord. After i got through half of the installation. I see i should enter my microsoft account. No thanks, don't wanting cause i didn't had a primary one at  that time. After i took a few minutes to find the offline account option (and narrator dying a few times) and verifying 2 got damn times that i don't want to use my ms account, i was through the config and installed nvda. I was already happy, till the lag came. Again this got damn laggy windows explorer. On an ssd, on a hdd it would be kind of normal. Why do i have a sound for every single message baloun? Even when i installed classic shell the menu didn't look like in win7. Windows defender was doing all stuff it could to keep me from playing (my own) games, again. Data transfer on multiple drives is broken, works here on my win7 machine just fine. Every time i access the drive with a program that isn't win explorer, the drive gets disconnected. Anoying. The taskmanager got slow as nothing. Well no wonder. It got overfilled with a lot of stuffage that is really not belonging in there. Processes, especially if they are windowless, are only shown sometimes and i really couldn't notice a pattern there. Uac now even asks if i want to permit windows to change administrative stuff. The fans of the laptop are always quite high when on win7 they never did that.

Ok, little ranty story is over.