Re: Suggestions for Switching from iOS to Android (Pixel 4)

Sorry, custom actions are being replaced by what exactly? By using nothing? That's so bad it kills the productivity a lot on Android. To give some examples, let's go in the mail app:
On iOS, I am swiping through the list of emails. If I want to take an action on one of them, I swipe up and down to choose delete, star or whatever I want to do, and double tap to do that. After this, my focus goes to the next message. On Android, I swipe through the email, and two buttons I probably wont use to select a message or star it. I wonder why nobody at Google realizes how inefficient this is. The same example can be applied to messages, or really any app where you are in a list of items and each item has specific options. I mean, imagine if you are using Windows to navigate the list of messages. Instead of up and down moving you through the list, you would find a message, then buttons such as delete, mark as unread, star, select, and then the next press of down moves you to the next message. Where do you see that? That's what I hate about Google, they have some of these weird concepts no other screen reader has which make things really awquard and unintuitive. Talkback is the only screen reader with no way to turn speech off, with no way to navigate by buttons, tables and other commonly used HTML elements, with no way to simply switch a language on the fly, and many other things I could mention, most of which even basic screen readers on Simbian could do.C ustom actions are not going away though, so if that's not spreading misinformation then I don't know what is. Google uses them in their own apps, I wish they would do it more though together with other developers, and commentary should definitely support them as if anything, it makes home screen editing a lot easier. Commentary is a great screen reader, and certainly something that makes Android a much better option once you get used to it, but it needs some improvements, probably not as much in the software as it does in it's distribution. We need a website where it can be downloadedand regularly updated, there's no reason to distribute it via telegram. I wish a great future to this screen reader though, it has the best potential to be developed into an amazing program. Thanks for your translation, as always Nuno, it would be sad if the English community missed such an amazing project. Hopefully, Android will improve in the future and I can switch back to it, since if we are talking outside of the accessibility point of view, Android is the best operating system for me and I will always try to have a backup device to monitor Talkback's development. The way it's going now though, I don't see myself coming back. There are at least two things I want in order to be as productive, and those are the above mentioned custom actions and a faster way to type, preferably in braille.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : YourUso via Audiogames-reflector