Review of the IKBC 108 Mechanical Keyboard

Hi.
So just over a year ago, I got a mechanical keyboard. For all of you out there who enjoy mechanicals, or for those who want to get into the whole world of mechanical keyboards, I'm reviewing this one. The review will not be structured by pros and cons, because there are some things that are both a pro and a con. So what I will do is this. I will list an idea, discuss whether it's a pro, con, or both. So without further to do, let's get started.
1. The num pad.
The num pad is honestly a personal preference. You may want the 108 key layout with the number pad, and you may not. Unfortunately, I am unaware as to whether or not IKBC makes any without them. That's something that if you don't want the number pad, you will need to see if they have one without it, or get a different one.
2. The Bluetooth functionality.
The IKBC 108 keyboard can be used as either a USB keyboard, or you can use one of the four bluetooth connections. The keyboard is compatible with both Apple products, and Microsoft Windows. Unfortunately for me, my Bluetooth disconnected a couple weeks ago, and I can't reconnect it with my tablet.
3. The batteries are not rechargable.
One of the major cons of the keyboard is the fact that it uses three AAA batteries, and they are not rechargable. This is not a major problem if you use it in USB mode, but if you use it in Bluetooth mode a lot, the batteries will die.
4. The feel.
One reason people get mechanical keyboards is because of the way it feels to type on it. Now I'm sure that if you haven't typed on a mechanical before, I will get questions as to what it feels like. The honest answer is that you really can't say much to explain it. Mechanical keyboards are one of those things where you have to try it to understand it.
5. The sound.
This next one is a grey area because some people may want different switches, and again, I'm not sure if IKBC has different switches. In my case, I have Cherry MX Blue switches. These can be both a pro and a con. They are a pro because they give you both tactile and audible feedback. The downside to this clickiness is that if someone is asleep in the next room over, you can guarantee that they will hear it and it will wake them up.
I hope this review was beneficial to people, and if you have questions, I will do my best to answer them

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tysonsylvester123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Patrick via Audiogames-reflector