Re: Suggestions for Switching from iOS to Android (Pixel 4)

I'm just gonna step in here real quick and say something.

Ethin, your post is definitely racist. And the post you were trying to defend? Basically the same thing.

If you'd like to demonstrate with facts why this supposedly justified wariness of anything coming out of China is valid, I'm all ears. But personally, I just don't see it.
Lots of pretty fucking shady things come out of America, but we don't suspect American software on the basis of it being American, do we? You don't suspect your phone itself, the physical unit, because it was put together and assembled in China, do you? No. I think not, for most people.

If you have legitimate reasons to suspect foul play and it makes you wary, that's fine. But trying to justify suspicion with this much flaky logic is just ugly, folks. No other way around it. It's ugly.

Now, as I say, if there is a genuine reason to be wary that I don't know, and it can be hard cited, not just suspected? Go for it. I'll hear you.

But you know what's really telling, Ethin? The bit where you characterized China indirectly as an "opponent". This may be true with regard to the government - though that's debatable - but if CSR is not related to the government directly, or if you can't prove a link in any meaningful way, then you're setting up a strawman to support your bias. Check it at the door. In this thread, and virtually anywhere else, it's harmful, unfounded and just complicates matters.