Re: Is the story mode in gears of War five playable?

Uh yeah, how? In built narration is cool, but as far as affecting gameplay does absolutely nothing. There's certain things you can do like adjusting various volumes, but yeah the only playable mode really is Horde mode. Other people might have had luck doing certain things in other modes, but not without the help of sighted people. Honestly one of the biggest things that turns me off Gears personally are the map designs. Being able to find your way round while figuring out if you're supposed to jump over a ledge or go round a wall is a big one. That's fine in a single player situation, but if you're trying to support your team effectively, there's only so much the "follow the noise of other players/enemies," strategy is going to work for you. If anyone can prove me absolutely wrong, by all means go for it. I'm sure there's people out there that manage to have fun with it, but yeah.