Re: Screen Reader Support in Audio Games

@2 Thanks for the feedback.

First, to briefly address the film score themes question, I do not have any plans to make it free. It is still available from the same resellers as it always was, so nothing has changed except that the entry for royalty free music has been removed from the menu on the blastbay.com website.

To get back on topic, I can certainly see that screen reader support would be atractive because it is what you are used to. But I think it would be useful to break that down a little. I'm assuming that what this ultimately boils down to is wanting to use a specific voice at a specific speaking rate, and possibly with a specific pitch setting. So if we look at Jaws and NVDA, the most common choices for synthesizers I guess would be Eloquence, ESpeak, the Microsoft OneCore voices and Vocalizer. As an example, what if the game provided support for the OneCore voices out of the box? This would be useful especially for games that are made available in multiple languages, since a language pack for Windows 10 usually also ships with a OneCore voice in that same language. To be clear, this does not appear to be true for Sapi 5 where you only have two US English voices (at least I do on mine), but OneCore offers a much wider array of options.

I would love for other people to also chime in, for or against.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector