Re: can a blind person drive a car?

The only problem is, that sighted people have a much wider range in which they could see objects. Regarding VOICE or Eye Music, it may be something experimental, but I wouldn't use this tool while walking around somewhere outside, cuz on the one hand I "hear" the objects around me, on the other hand I may, because of the beeping noises, not be able to listen to people talking to or with me, this would not be useful in a conversation, or does it detects speech either and will generate beep tones for it? That wouldn't work out well. lol

About blind people driving a car and artificial intelligence, I once have had a nightmare. I was sitting next to my mother in the passengers seat and my mother forgot something at home. So she got out, the engine was still running and the doors were closed. Suddenly, the car was speeding up, maybe to 50 kilometers per hour, and I was s itting in the passengers seat, scared because I did not know where I currently was and when the journey would end. The car seemed to stop at traffic lights and was driving in a normal speed through who-knows-where. I jumped into the driver's-space and began using the horn, to atract anyone's attention. Nothing really happened, in fact, other cars joined into the horn-consert while the car was driving on and on. And, there was definitely nobody else than me in this freakin car, for sure!
I don't know how this horror trip ended, I woke up.
Since then, I allways feel some kinda suspicious when thinking of sitting allone in a car which is driving on "it's own". At least I know where I am supposed to strand, but I am still a little shocked because of that nightmare, which must have been one or two years ago.

If the day would come when blind people are allowed to own and controll a car with built-in AI, I surely would do my best to get my hand s on one of those cars, but I definitely will think of that nightmare, there's no way around it.