Re: messed up things in audio games?

Personally I didn't mind the disturbing lady in manamon, I mean, they're an evil organisation who want to blow up the world for some reason, they're not exactly going to be paragons of virtue.
what did sort of bother me a bit more in Manamon from a moral perspective was the hole business with your father getting tortured, and you actually having options to "not forgive your father," not to mention yavin just basically saying, "Yes, I knew your father was just sitting around in Eternal agony, mmmm, sorry about that."

On a less grim note, one thing I find really messed up in both Manamon and paladin of the sky, is the way everybody! and I mean everybody, just basically stand there for the entire game, unless they have to move to let you go somewhere else, or unless they're those annoying guards trying to catch you.

I mean, just to take a random example, there is the guy in Wondrous valley who constantly complains about being thirsty, yet just stands there!

My new theory, is that actually the war between the dragons and humans at the start of paladin of the sky resulted in the complete destruction of humanity, with the last few humans being reduced to the level of brains in jars, stuck on a spaceship going out into space.

ross is actually the ship's robotically operated security system and thus he, and his fellow robots are actually the only  able to move in that game.

In Manamon, the timeline has progressed, and the original brains are now planted all over the alien planety they colonised, and have used their telepathic powers to enslave the local fauna to do their will. this is the true purpose of a Manamon Journey, since only by having their brain jar carried by either  Leafox, Aquaffe or similar creature, can the once humans get any sort of mobility around their planet, however given the low breeding rates among those starters, once the human brain matures beyond the adolescent stage, it has to relinquish it's animal assistance and  planted in a house somewhere.

this is also why nobody in any of  worlds needs to eat, but why the droubt in manamon 2 is such a serious matter, since without water, the preservation fluid for the brains in jars is likely to dry up.

See! it all makes perfect sense big_smile.