Re: latin

At our school, we do not only learn Latin because we were just too lazy to learn French and as a resultatem, we were left alone with Latin or something like that. lol
In fact, while learning Latin, you also learn about special events which happened in the past, like the great Pompeji event when the Visuv killed a whole city or about Hanibal from Carthago, who was trying to defeat the Romans. You also learn something about the culture in the past, what they were eating, what slaves were good for, etc.
Sometimes we watch movies (not in Latin, of course) and make trips to special places. We also gather useful information from the text, while translating it. In my opinion, it is better to translate texts which describe different events which could have happened in the past, than just translating a randomized text like "Hello, what's your name? I'm someone requesting to b e anonymus. When did you get the bus? At 6pm, but it arrived later. When did the bus actually arrive? About fiffteen minutes later, but I was too lazy waiting that long, so I took a taxi."

You see, the other method is definitely more effective. big_smile