I have worked at home and here is what i learned. What about you?

So there was this recorder for skype which I don't think its available anymore, but they advertised a service that you could use from them too that allowed your recordings to be turned into text (by transcribing). SO I decided not to use that service, but rather to work for them. They are called scribie.
So I signed up. I opened a paypal account, I did everything and I actually was transcribing. I did some clips and that was fine. They even paid you for your first, test run transcription and gave you a grade based on that. It was nice. I did that for a while until two things happened:
1. I left the U.s. This meant that I could only use paypal to pay things that only used paypal, no withdrawing to international accounts was possible, at least for my country. So that made it a bit of a bummer, though still useful in some cases.
2. The interface all of a sudden became inaccessible, it improved later, but I was so frustrated that I actually just cancelled the account there, deleted everything and just forgot about the whole thing completely. Another factor was that support team was not being really helpful or very polite, so that made me take that decision too. Still, I would say that it was nice while it lasted for some extra income which never hurts to have, and the work was actually alright for the payment.

Now that I am actually in a situation where I would appreciate similar forms of work (because there is just no way I could go back here as they have blocked my paypal account definitely since remember, I deleted my account with them) i ahve tried searching for lots of things but none of them are as convincing or helpful as this one once was. So have you done anything like this recently, what were your experiences?