How do you guys prefer to check for new posts on forums

I was going through the forum checking for posts, and this question just sprung to mind. How do you guys like to check for new posts on forums? I used to check each room of the forum until I read everything, but then I figured out that I could click the new post link at the top of the forum to read everything I’ve missed. Of course, that can sometimes come with the disadvantage of not knowing what room a certain topic is in, but I could easily check the title bar to see. How are you guys checks?