Re: games (Steam or Microsoft store) accessible for a totally blind person

I'll edit this post later with additional responses, since I can likely provide further insight.  For now though:
@36
I didn't have someone sitting with me, that's CoPilot, not co-op (this is a distinct difference in that CoPilot is two people with a controller each in the same room, whereas Co-Op can be online or local and you control different characters, not the same one).  I played via co-op with sighted players who were kind enough to assist me.  Essentially they would act as a navigation aid and I'd do what I could in terms of getting involved with firefights, for instance, getting a fair few kills too, relatively speaking.  Also, I'd be acting as a living checkpoint so that if my co-op partner died they'd spawn on me instead of having to reload the level.  It's not a case of figuring it out, it's a case of being a part of the game.  Same with Gears.  When I played via co-op we'd all help each other, I'd shoot what I could and assist with puzzles, given the lack of accessibility features in the older games it was still a great experience.

Hopefully this doesn't have to be the same as technology advances though, given that accessibility is becoming more and more commonplace and sophisticated.  We'll have to see.