Re: ZombieMud

Okay I confess I've been trying this one, but I'm not really sure.
For a start, the command syntax is really annoying and doesn't accept abbreviations, for example instead of kick target, it's kick at target.

Instead of beast speech being automatic, you need to type use beast speech at your message etc.

I like the fact that combat is a little slower, but the syntax is quite clunky. Also, the game doesn't really seem good for quests or the like, lots of running around smacking things, but not in as interesting a way as say Erion or Aardwolf, particularly since the newbie start is so "go here and kill this" the game is more schizophrenic than atmospheric.

The ascii map is also annoying, and there's no way of turning it off from what I've found, you get it whenever you look at anything.

The writing isn't  bad in some locations like cities, but again, given that basically the game seems like a giant slaughter fest, I never really felt thatimmersed into things, or as if I was exploring another world particularly, especially since NPCS were rather thin on the ground and forth wall breaking.

Again, maybe I've just not got far enough, I've gone through the newbie fields, though there there were some things to play with that didn't work and gone to one of the other areas, but I've not really seen much that distinguishes the game so far, I might just restart a char on erion instead.