Re: A Tempest Season, a new, special unique fantasy mud

I just tried the mud today and I do love the various systems and mechanics. I also like that it doesn't seem to be a super strict RP environment, which is its own feature in some ways.
I do have a problem with an RP intensive mud such as this being festooned with so many typos and grammar issues, particularly during the character creation process. It's at that stage that you really want to sell yourself to potential players, and having what's supposed to be a serious roleplaying game plagued by multiple spelling mistakes puts a bit of a damper on the initial experience.
What's worse is that there doesn't seem to be an integral command to report these typographical mistakes in the game. A new player isn't likely to want to join your forum or Discord just so they can report typos and spelling errors. That's a lot of investment for a player to make into a game's atmosphere before they can even begin to contribute such small reports.
By no means is this a deal breaker for the game, but it is (in my view) a bit of a hiccup in the interface. Off-game forums and discussion mediums are great, but they should always be ancillary to an in-game method of communicating concerns to the staff.

This issue aside, I really did enjoy the game and its quests. There seem to be plenty of things to unlock so that the game will remain fun for newbies and veterans alike, something that's usually hard to manage. Now if only we had a crafting system. smile

Kai

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Honk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector