Re: X Box and P S 4

Blind angel 444 wrote:

Are they wireless or not? Can you set it up with out sighted assistance? Does it have to be connected to a smart tv? How do I use it on a computer? Thanks for any help

I will paste your questions and write the answers below each question:
Are they wireless or not?
Yes, both consoles are wireless. Both the controllers and wifi as well.
Can you set it up with out sighted assistance?
You can only set up the XBox without sighted assistance. For more information, you can check out my Xbox One Article in the articles room which links to a blog post on my own website. I hope I'll get more time to work on the guide. Now that you live in the US, both consoles have a screenreader: The Playstation have Text to speech, and the Xbox have Narrator. Text to speech is only available in the US, or in other countries where you can import a US Playstation, since the US hardware is simply required to make the TTS function. I sold my ps4 because of that, and because Sony won't change that for some reason. But who knows what will happen in the future.
TTS on the ps4 does not work in all menus. It reads the main screen, the games library and a few other screens. Narrator on the XBox reads everything in the whole operating system, and I mean everything. This is the reason for we can set it all up without sighted assistance at all. I have even reset my Xbox to give it a try because I got so excited that it is possible, so I wanted to give it a try. The only thing you need to have is a working Microsoft account. You can maybe create that on the console as well I'm not sure. But it's easier to create that on a computer.
Does it have to be connected to a smart tv?
Not exactly a smart tv. A normal tv with HDMI works as well. I'm not sure if it'll work without a tv, but I can check up on the Xbox if you need to know.
How do I use it on a computer?
Windows 10 is required. Their is an Xbox app preinstalled which is used to connect to a Xbox console. If you choose the Playstation, you can download a Playstation Remote app both for Windows, Mac and also for IOS which is insainely amazing...
Feel free to ask if you have more questions, and i'll do my best to answer.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector