panning in bgt

I have been tinkering around with bgt and have the following line of code:
**note: here we use a separate sound pool called ambsounds, with the value of randomambselect being a value between 1 and a higher boundary number.
ambsounds.play_stationary("stereo/"+randomamselect+".ogg", false);
What I wondered, after trying to figure this out with the BGT help file etc, was how I could convert this so that the sound that is selected will play from a random point in the stereo field, making for a better experience, as the player will always be in the centre.  could I just use a random variable between say -40 and 40, and substitute that in?  Even if this theory is correct, which of the many sound_pool functions (1d, 2d, etc) should I use, I understand 1d should be fine in this instance, but correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone can recommend/suggest anything (I am not looking for an exact answer at this particular point), then it would be much appreciated, I am just looking for advice which I can hopefully work with to resolve this.

  • [Audiogames-r... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: the doctor
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: lukas
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: the doctor