The program for playing audio files by the key

Hello.
My friend asked me to develop an application for his work. I decided that this is a very good idea, because I can use this as a portfolio.
The tasks of the program are very simple.
There is a main window. In this window I can get into the program settings through the menu. There I can choose a playback device.
Further, in the program, I can press CTRL + any key. The audio file selection dialog opens. There, I should select an audio file.
Further, when I press this key without CTRL, this file will be played on the device that is selected in the settings.
I plan to do this through an ini file. It is correct?
In addition, I would like to create a double thread. Output to the device selected in the program settings, and output to the playback device by default.
I would like to create this in Python.
What libraries should I use?
And in any case, which libraries should I use with C#?
Thanks in advance!